Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Mommy's aren't allowed to be sick...

I felt the germ coming on Monday...sneaking up on me like it had too. My body was slowing down and by the time Monday evening rolled around, I ached all over and felt like my head was going to explode. BUT, I still made diner, cared for Little S, lowed the crib and changed the sheets on her mattress. My darling husband was a big help...he brought me the tool in which to lower the crib with. :/ I believe I was fevered as I went to bed. It was a horrible night and I ended up missing work on Tuesday. This meant that Little S. also missed her second day of daycare. I did rest more on Tuesday ...but I still was up about 8AM to put food in the crock pot and take out the trash. I still cared for my baby girl all day. I went to the doctor and got meds for me even if they are limited. (Can't take many meds while breastfeeding....haven't had good meds since 2008 - I miss them!) We then took Little S. to her InfantSee appointment at the eye doctor. She did GREAT!!! She is slightly far sighted so we'll be going back in 6 months. She was such a good girl though! I gave her a bath and did my normal evening routine at home.

Today, I'm back to work but have no voice left. Feeling some better but still pushing myself. Seems like the only option I have! I am a woman, I am a mom!! Sickness is an inconvenience that just doesn't fly around here. Hope my limited meds do wonders!

2 comments:

  1. Hello-
    Thank you for mentioning the InfantSEE® program on your blog, and for helping us to spread the word about the importance of infant eye health.
    We are grateful to each blogger who shares their InfantSEE® experience with their fellow followers, friends, family— and everyone with young children in their lives. From speaking with parents all around the country, we have learned word-of-mouth is one of the program’s most effective promotional tools.
    InfantSEE® is now on Facebook, and I’d like to invite you to join our Fan Club. Through the Facebook page, it is our goal to be able to share the program with as many people as possible, while also collecting stories from parents about how InfantSEE® made an impression on their lives – and that of their child’s. Your story may encourage another parent to have their infant’s eyes assessed. We’d love for you to participate!
    Thank you again for blogging about InfantSEE®. If you have any questions, or would like to know other ways you can become involved with the InfantSEE® program, please feel free to contact me.
    Best,
    Mark Schwartz, MPH
    InfantSEE® Program Manager
    maschwartz@aoa.org
    1800-365-2219 x 4149

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I hope you get better soon. It is so hard to be a mom because it never stops. When Dad is sick, the world stops for him but it's not the same for mom. You are an awesome mom and remember that not everything has to be done right now...some things can wait!

    ReplyDelete