Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Drop the undies and go wash my dishes!!!!

I have a few things in life that REALLY weird me out. On of those things is having someone else do my laundry. ~shudder~ It disturbs me to a point that is unreasonable. There have been times in my life that I would rewash any clothes that were washed/dried/folded by anyone other than myself or husband. Weird...yes, I know. I can't help it. Is it my problem? Yes. Do I need therapy? I don't think so. I really just want my laundry left alone!

So recently I've had an in-law move close to us. She is always wanting to help with something. I get that she just wants to be helpful and I do get behind on things while working full time and caring for an infant and husband. I'm the first to admit that I can't do it all! That being said, I do somehow keep up fairly well on laundry. I wash pretty much everyday between clothes, towels, sheets, baby clothes, and diapers. I just tried to use the clothesline out side as much as I can. :)

So I've told this in-law at least twice since she moved here that I do NOT want help with the laundry - thanks but no thanks. I was nice. She does often wash dishes when she's visiting. I am totally fine with that!! (The dishes never touch my nakedness ...that's probably why it doesn't bother me!) I have told her I don't mind if she help out with dishes. I only lose things occasionally because she puts them away in strange places...no biggie!

So last night I come home from work to hug my baby girl ....and there's a basket of my clothes folded in the hallway. Grrr to myself. I immediately start shaking and my blood pressure rises slightly. (yes, I know this is weird..) I bit my tongue and tried my hardest to be nice and ignore it. I keep reminding myself....only one more week til daycare....one more week and my house is mine again....one more week!!

I'm to the point in my life where I'm to tired to rewash everything however I still end up refolding half of it the way I want it to be and cringing repeatedly until I've forgotten about it. I don't know why I have some physical reactions to such things. I just wish she would respect my wishes. Do the dishes if you feel the need to help but leave my undies (and the rest of my laundry) alone!!

1 comment:

  1. LOL....I'm like, you wanna do my laundry...go for it. You wanna cook...go for it. You wanna do dishes...sure go for it. O...you want to keep my kids so I can leave forever....GO FOR IT!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete