Monday, April 19, 2010

Finding the inner thrifty mamma...She's got to be here SOMEWHERE!!

This summer I will have my 8th wedding anniversary. During my entire married life, I've very rarely (if ever) worried about money. Yes, once in a while we have a bad month. (or summer ...like the one where our transmission in the truck blew, we had poop backed up in our basement and had to dig up the entire yard, had to redo all the pipe work inside to fix draining problems...and I (pre-mommy) developed a short lived alcohol problem!) ANYWAY!! I have recently became very aware of our spending habits and they SUCK!!! Especially my husbands. :D I have a great need to horde money...he doesn't. An example: Last night he says he thinks he's going to need some new clothes when he goes to his new position at work. I so ok...how many outfits do you have now? Enough to get you thru a week or week 1/2?? He says "Oh yeah!" I suggest taking a good inventory of clothing before buying more. I also remind him that I do NOT have enough work clothes to get me thru one week and must wash them midweek to have something that my larger than life ass can fit in to! AH!

What really brings money to the forefront for me is daycare. We will be starting little S in daycare next Monday. I KNOW we can do this! It may make things tight but we can!! We have to! I would just like to still be able to get ahead on some bills at the same time. Make things appear to be going on just the same while in the background I'm clipping coupons and stretching meals and such. ~sigh~

So, in the light of this, I've been googling and yahooing and such looking for new ways to save money and/or tools to help me do so. If anyone has any "thrifty" help suggestions...be it a personal suggestion or a blog or website....share with me, please!!

No comments:

Post a Comment