Thursday, April 22, 2010

Let's talk cars...

I REALLY miss my pre-baby car much like I miss my pre-baby body. :( Before I had little S., my car was my baby. I loved him....but said goodbye as I realized I'd have to choose between baby and baby stuff each time I left the house not to mention the anti-fun-car snow storms that gave me anxiety attacks all winter. I called him the Captain....because that is what he wanted to be called. A 2002 MINI CooperS in dark silver....the one I learned to drive a stick shift with. ~sigh~ I bought him without knowing how to drive him. My hubby taught me pretty quickly and I was in love! During the first year of the MINI, we went on a road trip to Williamsburg and I spent many nights buzzing around town while playing Def Lepard with the windows down...ahh... Yes, by nights, I mean middle of the night when traffic was almost nonexistant. I would sleep from like 7-11:30PM, get up and drive around shopping and visiting hubby at work until 3 or 4AM, sleep until 7:30AM to go to work the next day! No problem!! (Now I can sleep most of the night and still be exhausted for work!) BOY ARE THOSE DAYS GONE!! LOL

At the beginning of the winter, we traded the Captain in on a 2008 Honda Element. I like the Element....I'm not in LOVE but it's a good car. I think it helps that I got another stick shift! Once I learned how, I love the feel of having control like that. The Element is a smarter winter car for our area too. Little S has room and so does all of her stuff....gosh babies have lots of stuff! I must say though, summer time really makes me miss my zippy, little fun car even more. I really want to close my eyes, feel the wind in my hair and have "Pour some sugar on me!" raging thru my car and just pretend that I'm in the MINI.....but I'm afraid I'll wreck with my eyes closed! ;) Plus, I just don't think it has the same effect when you have a vehicle loaded with baby stuff and groceries and a diaper bag the size of luggage PLUS the exhausted, overweight woman being a dumbass with her eyes closed behind the wheel who somewhat resembles the care free youngster that I once was....

No comments:

Post a Comment