Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Great Bum Debate

Cloth diapers vs. disposables.... most people think I'm crazy for even considering cloth diapers! However, they aren't your mom's/grandma's cloth diapers! The new "modern" cloth are pretty awesome, actually. There are diapers now available that go on just as easy as a disposable using velcro or snaps! How handy! This seems to make it easier to convince daycares and spouses to give them a try as well.

That must being said....I'm READY to give them a try! I've been researching like an obsessive crazy person. My hold up: my husband.

Me: "We could save tons of money!"

Husband: "I'd rather pay $4,000 then to try them! No way!!"

So here I sit with my "fluffy" wishlist and desire to try and no spousal blessing to do so! I am weighing my options. Option 1: Forget about cloth and continue to throw money away on sposies and fill up the world's landfills a little more. Everyone else is doing it! Option 2: Forget the hubby and do what I want to anyway! Option 3: Try talking to him one last time. Suggest that we do a $10/21 day trial pack to see if we both can handle the task. I might completely change my mind once I get started! (I doubt it though...I'm just weird enough that I'l probably think it's fun!)

I had considered gdiapers while pregnant and talked myself out of it because of the extra laundry and working full time. I'm finding that laundry is actually one thing that I'm doing well with right now and that a couple more loads a week isn't really going to make much difference to me. I've found that the child care provider is also at least willing to give cloth a try too. I think that it's doable....and if it's not, I can always send all the diapers back after the trial period and only be out $10!

So I guess we'll see what the next couple weeks bring. Stay tuned to find out if I get to try cloth or if my Little S remains in her sposies!

No comments:

Post a Comment