Monday, May 10, 2010

Yesterday was my FIRST Mother's Day

I must say, it really didn't go as expected. Little S made a fingerpainted "puff" can with flowers in it for me at daycare. It's SO cute and one of those little things that really warm your heart. I also got a card that she "signed" herself in perfect baby-playing-with-a-pen scribble.

I thought maybe I'd get to relax with my baby and go out to eat or maybe have the hubby cook for me. (He LOVES to cook and used to do it all the time) Well, hubby spent all our extra money on work clothes so we didn't have any extra to go out. That's ok... He offered to make me dinner and even thawed out the meat. Then he proceeded to putter around the house demanding when the food would be ready because he was hungry. He mowed grass while I cooked my Mother's Day dinner, cleaned baby bottles, did laundry and cleaned the kitchen. This too is ok... I'm taking care of my family and that's my job. My family makes me happy even if they also make me tired!

It was a less than glamerous first Mother's Day but I'm still super grateful for what I have and really love being a Mommy! There's nothing better in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment