Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Debt Progress!

I'm slowly working towards my get-out-of-debt goal!! Yesterday, I paid off my pledge loan! There was only about $350 left on it and I usually put anywhere from $25-$50 a week towards it! I can now apply that money to other debt and make further progress!

I also called about my student loans. I've been out of school since 2005 and I was still paying interest only! AHH! I think I knew at first, but my payment has gone up since I first began paying it off and I thought that some was now going to principle. Well...I was wrong! So after talking to customer support, I'm now on a NEW payment plan that does work on the principle as well. FINALLY! It's less than $20 more a month then what I'm paying now. So I should be a proud owner of a college education in about...umm....17 years...

1 comment:

  1. student loans boo! fortunately they are the only debt i currently have.

    i added your blog to my morgantown musings blog list :) hope you are feeling better. hugs!!

    ReplyDelete