Monday, January 10, 2011

Bringing Katie back!

Happy 2011 blogging world!! This year I want to concentrate a little bit more on taking care of me and choosing JOY!!

Over the past couple months I starting attempting to do some things for myself again. It's been difficult but I'm getting there! I started the Couch to 5K running program and am close to completing it. It's taking me longer than it should due to illness and injuries but I'm determined to do this for myself. I've never been a runner in my life and am now finding joy in it. It amazes me every time I run!

On Dec 18, I turned 28 years old and weaned Little S from the boob. We were down to only one night feeding anyway. She would have let it go much earlier but I didn't want too! I am very proud to say that we lasted nearly 17 months!!

With the absence of breastfeeding, I have found a renewed need to really find myself again. This included getting new bras that actually fit!! The girls have been through a lot over the past couple years and I felt they deserved some real support. I got properly fitted (FINALLY!!) and the girls have never been happier! ....or as colorful as the new bras are all bright and fun! I don't wear white shirts anyway. :)

Today, I went to the eye doctor and I'm back in contacts for the first time since I went on maternity leave! I AM SO EXCITED!!! It makes me feel so much better about myself and now I don't have to worry about baby finger prints all the time! YAY!!

The hardest part of "bringing Katie back" is my diet. I really need to get back to watching what I eat. Since starting the Couch to 5K program, I've lost about 10 lbs....but I have many more to trim and I know it's just not going to happen unless I watch what I put in my mouth! I'm going to try to menu plan better this year so we can both eat better and maybe save a few bucks while we're at it!

There are many days where I'm tired and frustrated with my job, my husband ...just everything. It's easy to get down and let myself go. I want to think positive and find the joy in day to day life.

How are you taking care of you and choosing joy in 2011?

No comments:

Post a Comment